Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Week 1: The Plan

Here is the upcoming schedule for the first week.
I am starting with #50 from 1980 and working my way up Box Office Mojo's yearly box office earnings list.

Monday: The Nude Bomb - PG - Comedy
I remember watching Nick at Night as a pre-teen boy and, along with the Dick Van Dyke Show, Get Smart was a favorite to watch. Looking into this movie I do not expect it to be very good, but I am excited to see it anyway.



Tuesday: Prom Night - R - Horror
Not a huge fan of horror films, but I don't dislike them either. I usually like older ones for the campiness of them. I feel I may have to force myself to keep watching this one by the time I reach the half-way point.



Wednesday: First Family - R - Comedy
Not released on DVD I thought of just skipping it, but then saw the cast list. Gilda Radner, Bob Newhart and Fred Willard. Not to mention the comedic writing of Buck Henry, who also directed. I hunted down a VHS copy and look forward to seeing it. Hopefully it gets delivered in time, or I may have to get out of order.


Thursday: Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Special Edition) - PG - SciFi/Adventure
I am making sure I watch the 1980 theatrical release of this movie for this. Having not seen the original version I won't have any comments on the changes Spielberg made. Just my thoughts on the film. This has been one I've always had on my to-see list.


Friday: The Island - R - Adventure
Not released on DVD I have found it available On Demand from Amazon. This is by far the least interesting film to me this week. I can try and muster some excitement by the fact that the writer also wrote the novel Jaws was based on, and he wrote Jeremiah of Jacob's Neck. Okay, I have no idea what that is, but it's a very intriguing title. Oh yeah, also, Pirates seem to be involved.

Well, there is the schedule. I'll try and have my thoughts posted by noon the scheduled day.

No comments:

Post a Comment