Thursday, May 21, 2009

#40 Herbie Goes Bananas

Next time my wife rolls her eyes when i ask her to watch a movie with me, I think I'll just skip it.
I won't say I had high hopes for this film, but I vaguely remember seeing some Herbie movies as a young lad and enjoying them.
My guess is I never saw this film.
I didn't expect anything too deep, but did expect a light children's movie with some laughs and ridiculous situations.
I got the ridiculous situations, but no laughs were involved, at all, really. NONE.
After watching about a half hour I thought to myself, well maybe Harvey Korman can save this movie for me as his role gets bigger. Wow, did it not save anything. His acting was overwhelming and cliched, and the worst part is it was terribly unfunny. Not that he had anything to work with, so I can't blame him. He's a great character actor, and when the character is this lame, so it goes.
And yes, I am probably coming down way too hard on a "kids" movie, but I doubt there is any reason for anyone to watch this movie, child or adult, unless they are a MASSIVE Herbie fan.
Verdict
.5 star(s) out of 5.
Yeah, that's right half a star. I really never would have thought that rating was possible, but it is now after seeing this movie. I can't imagine giving it to another movie, so let's hope this one stays unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment